- Population mid-2016 (millions)
- Population mid-2030 (millions)
- Population mid-2050 (millions)
- Percent of Population Ages <15
- Percent of Population Ages 65+
- Births per 1,000 Population
- Deaths per 1,000 Population
- Infant Mortality Rate
- Total Fertility Rate
- Maternal Deaths per 100,000 Births
HEALTH & FAMILY PLANNING
- % Married Women 15-49 Using Any Contraception
- % Married Women 15-49 Using Modern Contraception
- Life Expectancy at Birth (years), Males
- Life Expectancy at Birth (years), Females
- % Males Ages 15-49 With HIV/AIDS, 2015
- % Females Ages 15-49 With HIV/AIDS, 2015
- GNI per Capita ($US) 2015
- Percent Urban
- Carbon Emissions (million metric tons) 1992
- Carbon Emissions (million metric tons) 2013
- % Population With Access to Electricity
- % Total Energy Consumption From Renewable Sources
- % Terrestrial Land Under Protected Area Status
- Population per Square Kilometer of Arable Land
HOW TO USE THIS DATA
This chart tool allows you to view the 2016 world population data as bar charts or as tables.Select an Indicator
Hover over the icons on the top left to view the five categories and select an indicator from any of the dropdown lists. Within each dropdown list, hover over an indicator to see the indicator definition.
Click on the desired indicator to view the bar chart or table. You can only view one indicator at a time.Select Countries and Regions
Customize a chart by clicking on the “Filter Geography” button. A dropdown will allow you to select countries and regions.
Click on any combination of countries/regions. Clicking again on the same country or region will deselect it.View As
You can toggle between “Bar Chart” and “Table” views.
Bar chart has a limitation of 57 selections (allows selection of all countries in “Africa”).
Table view has an unlimited selection of regions/countries.
Note: For some indicators, no data is available for a particular region or country. If selected, regions/countries with no data will not show up on the bar chart.Share/Download
You can share charts or tables to social media or save presentation-ready charts or tables at any time by using the share and download buttons next to this “Help” button.
You can also download a .csv file of your selected data. Download of complete dataset is not available.Data Notes, Sources,and Updates
Find them in the footer, bottom right.